Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Reduction Printmaking

This quarter 3 of my 12 sections of art have class on Tuesday and again on Wednesday.  I decided it would be perfect for them to create reduction prints instead of simple block prints.  Like their classmates they used the images of Joan Miro and images from science class to create their prints. The only difference is that they used their images to create a reduction print.

Here is a video I use to help them understand the difference. 

They created some pretty neat images. 




You can check out more at Artsonia



1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I really liked the video too. I've done this with styrofoam plates and found objects and it works pretty well too, but I like the crisp edges of the line tool and blocks. Thanks for sharing. Mrs. P

    ReplyDelete