Thursday, February 26, 2015

#40daysgrateful

So I have never been a big fan of the "give something up for lent" thing.  I have heard enough people talk about giving up things they know are bad for themselves in attempt to loose weight or because they want the extra $3.00 a day in their pocket.  Pretty sure that wasn't the point. 

Last year I heard about a "take something up for lent" challenge and I kinda liked it.  Rather than depriving yourself, add one thing to your 40 days that you don't currently do.  I added bible study into the my day last year.  Doing it for 40 days without missing didn't prove doable but it was soooo much better than giving something up.  

Yesterday a friend shared her bible study with me and here it is:

Rest in my presences, allowing Me to take charge of this day.  Do not bolt into the day like a racehorse suddenly released.  Instead, walk purposefully with Me, letting Me direct your course one step at a time.  Thank Me for each blessing along the way; this brings joy to both you and Me. 
 A grateful heart protects you from negative thinking.  
Thankfulness enables you to see the abundance I shower upon you daily.  Your prayers and petitions are winged into heaven's throne room when they are permeated with thanksgiving.  In everything give thanks, for this is My will for you. 

And so it is with her message that I am challenging people to add having a grateful heart this Lenten season.  I will be marking my "grateful's" on twitter with the hashtag #40daysgrateful.  I won't claim to be perfect but I think that being grateful for the blessings in my life and for the biggest gift of Christ dying on the cross will help me see the abundance I am showered with each day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment