Monday, August 11, 2014

Summer Lovin...

I have been blissfully absent from blogging for most of the summer as I decided to unplug and recharge myself.  We moved into a new house last September and I have been itching to attack some projects.  Here is photographic proof of what I was doing (since we know I wasn't blogging)
The Original Landscaping (rocks and dead grass)

New Landscaping (flowers, mulch and lighting)
The girls' room when we bought the house
And the girls room today (remember the chandelier from last summer)
Our room when we bought the house (yeah there was wall paper in weird places)

Our room today
Then entry way when we bought the house (yes those are real rocks glued to the wall)
the entryway today (still have to finish the floor but it might be an improvement)
the downstairs "office" when we bought the house
my "office" today
Those are the house projects.  Of course we still have more to do but I think we are off to a pretty good start.  I also enjoyed watching baseball games, gymnastics practice, dance camp and swimming pool tricks.  We didn't take any big vacations (no money or time) but made a few day trips to friends in Iowa and my grandparents farms.  We enjoyed some camping close to home and spent a lot of time laughing and hanging out with friends.  
And now I am ready for a nap... 
but wait, school just started!


No comments:

Post a Comment