Thursday, January 17, 2013

WILD Wildlife...

We have all seen (and if you haven't...go!) Natalie from SmART Class' Zebras and Neon Animals... they are beautiful!  I was so inspired by them but didn't want to do a direct copy of the project.
In talking about this with another art teacher from my district, she asked if I had seen Andy Warhol's Endangered Animals Prints.  I looked them up and came up with my solution...
WILD Wildlife

We started by looking at Andy Warhol's Prints...
Then we drew out our animals (I printed pictures from National Geographic for reference).  We started by gesturing out the shapes.  Next we added in the details.  When that was done, we sharpied over the main details and added the other details (fur, feather, scales) with oil pastels.  We agreed the colors didn't have to be realistic.
When all the drawing was done and the details were in place, we started water coloring over them.  
When they were done they put them on the drying rack and used an iPad to look up the National Geographic website.  They had to create an "info" tag for their animal. 
I only have one day done but I already LOVE them...



  

No comments:

Post a Comment