Monday, March 21, 2011

Community

Today my kiddos are working on two totally different projects that both deal with community.  My 5th graders are making "Houses for Haiti."  These are small houses that you make and sell.  The profits then help rebuild Haiti.  They are having fun and enjoy the idea of impacting the world's "community."
Meanwhile my 6th graders are printing the house we started carving last week.  They must print one copy for themself and then print one as part of our "community."  We are also creating a large artwork of their images.
I hope they will appreciate all the "communities" they belong to... our classroom, our school, our town, our state, our country and finally our world. 


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this! What a great idea and what a beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete